Saturday, June 20, 2009

Prologue


So here it goes…..
Well, I almost always spell my name VINIT, but the smart clerk in my school corrected it on my SCC certificate as VINEET. And so the confusion started…
After two weeks of joining Persistent, one fateful evening at around 2100 hrs I received a call from Persistent HR on my landline. His voice seems to be somewhat irritated (I never saw HR guys working late-night ;-)) but the real blow was yet to come my way. The HR guy immediately came to main subject and asked me whether I rejected the offer Persistent had made one and half months back. I didn’t understand what he said, as for me it was totally out of context. (Besides I was still on bench and there were all kinds of rumors about ‘bad/no performance gift’ floating around) Keeping aside all kind of thoughts and possibilities filling my mind, I gathered my words and told him my employee ID. After checking the employee database he laughed and said ‘Oh, you are VINEET and not VINIT, but your resume carries VINIT?’ Great!!! What’s in name? (Somebody might have lost his performance allowance due to my name ;))
I don’t believe in numerology kind of stuff neither do I am superstitious. But I like spelling myself Vinit. Besides its short, I don’t have to type/write one extra character every time. But now that all my certificates carry Vineet, I have to stick to my corrected incorrect spelling. :(
So the point is…If your name can be spelled wrong, it will.

3 comments:

  1. So, after writing long long letter, here you are with your blog!!
    Great.

    May be you can write your name in Marathi and the spelling will be easier. (You dont have to spell it then!)

    For my (sur)name, its pronounciation thats a problem!

    Dabade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ...great Blog ...Do keep writing for readers like us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have evolved buddy boy...
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete