Monday, August 17, 2009

JEOPARDY

The title is derived from one of my friend’s story (visit http://jaaramaaz.wordpress.com/category/saurabh/). It seems the virus of writing spread rapidly in air over last few months. Many of my friends got infected by it and got cured soon but I am not yet, so here is a new post. I don’t know if this makes any sense but it gives me real pleasure. Anyway that is not the subject of the post; I am going to post more and more as long as I am enjoying the stuff.
Last week I have been to ‘Torana’ fort. This is really nice trek. Shailendra and Sandy accompanied and both are just hopeless, they can’t even walk one KM in a stretch. Every 200 meters I had to show them some carrot like bread and eggs carried with me to walk next few more meters. The weather was just awesome and while on fort we were in real clouds and couldn’t even see beyond two meters. We had almost walked ninety percent of the distance but were not sure where we had reached. The fort was curved in clouds and we couldn’t see the walls. But the last ten percent were really tough for me.
I am always afraid of the height. My limbs start trembling and I can’t stop myself thinking of falling down. (I remember my younger days, during summer holidays we used to play on the building terrace, while others walked smartly and without showing any notion of fear, I used to literally creep. The fear of crumble down was so filled in my mind that I never enjoyed those games on terrace.) I think this fear of height will accompany me throughout my life. It’s not just about the ridge; it also applies to relationship, friendship and career.
I am always hesitant about crossing the boundaries and exploring the new horizons. But these new horizons are really attractive and I suppose it’s worth betting your achievements to reach over there. Over a period I realized the height may kill, but it really thrills. I would have never enjoyed the ‘Torana’ trek, if I couldn’t overcome my fear and climbed that 200 meters difficult pass. And ofcourse the other two musketeers were always there to push me and make me reach the top. Friends are for that only, aren’t they? (Even though they demand a Chicken Tandoor for doing so ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment